Posted on March 28th, 2021 by Sarah Funderburk
Rule of 6 is in – groups runs and track are back!
There are lots of exciting group runs happening on Tuesday already, but if you want to incorproate a session on Tuesday, this week is another progression run. There are also still some slots left for the 19:20 track session on Thursday as well as the coached session on Saturday (John will be leading that session!). Please sign-up via the calendare here and be sure to read all of the instructions. Thursday sessions are free, but you’ll need to book a slot and pay for the Saturday sessions.
Our sessions are all still building toward a 3k race that we are aiming to hold at Parliament Hill Track in April – exact date TBC, so stay tuned.
- 10 min of easy running to warm up
- 40 minutes where you progressively get faster every 10 minutes. The guide for the pacing is your estimated marathon pace + 20 sec for the first 10 minutes, and then speed up by 10 sec for each subsequent 10 min. This is assuming you are calculating your pace min minutes/mile! If you’re calculating in min/kilometer, then it’s more like 6 or 7 sec every 10 minutes. This is a guide though; essentially you’ll want to go a bit slower than a steady pace at the beginning and then be going a bit faster than a steady pace by the end.
- 10 min of easy running to cool down
- 6-8 x 600m at your 3k pace with 3 min recovery between. Total 3600-4800m
- 3 x 1 mile with 3 min recoveries
Looking forward to seeing many of you this week.